A Beginners Guide to: Crystal Meditation
Ready to start your journey to crystal healing through meditation? Wondering how these powerful stones can enlighten and enrich our meditation practice? You’re in the right place. Crystals have been used during meditation and healing for thousands of years as a tool to aid in concentration, spiritual guidance and manifestation. It doesn’t take much to get started meditating with crystals once you’ve found a crystal to suit you, it's time to sit down, close your eyes and get ready to connect.
The best crystals for meditation
Getting started in crystal meditation is easy, once you’ve found a crystal that resonates with you. Here’s our list of the best crystals for using whilst you get started.
Amethyst – for calming the mind and increasing positive vibrations
Clear Quartz – the master healer, for amplifying intentions and clearing the mind
Rose Quartz - for increasing feelings of self-love and connection
Selenite – For bringing peace, serenity, self-awareness and consciousness
Black Tourmaline – For protection against negative thoughts and cleansing energy
Any of these crystals make great all-round guides for your first crystal meditation so choose the one that works best for you, that you are most drawn to, or the one that resonates the deepest.
A crystal meditation for beginners
- Come into a comfortable seated position free from distraction. You can sit cross legged, kneeling, on a chair, or lie down. Whichever makes you more comfortable.
- Close down through the eyes bringing your awareness inwards. Let the mind settle and just let yourself arrive at the practice.
- Focus your attention on the breath for a few moments. Watching each inhale as it moves in and out of the body.
- Taking your chosen crystal in your hand, start to bring awareness to the feeling of the crystal in the palm of your hand.
- As your focus on the breath, allow the crystals energy to filter into your body, imagining your frequency matching the frequency of the crystal. Starting to embody the crystals healing qualities with every breath in, and letting go of anything that doesn’t support that feeling with every breath out. If you wish to set an intention for your crystal, set this now, allowing your intention to match the crystals energy and properties.
- Stay here for as long as you desire, keeping the focus on the breath and the energy exuding from the crystal. When you are ready to stop the practice gently blink the eyes open and bring awareness back to the space around you.
- Spend a few moments journaling or reviewing any sensations you felt during the practice, just simply acknowledging and accepting your experience.