When you’re hosting the family or even friends over the Christmas period, it’s hard to keep everyone happy with eating habits, but there’s an easy way to hit the spot for most people.
I find the best thing to do is throw together a huge platter that allows everyone to enjoy something from. To make it a little extra seasonal, I’ve got a few tips to make a Charcuterie-wreath that have been featuring all over my Instagram this month.
As long as your veggies and vegans don’t mind things being on the same plate and your gluten free friends are okay with some mild cross-contamination, a board based on the below will be sure to provide something for everyone!
You’ll need a large round plate, platter or board.
The ingredients you choose can be as creative as you like, but here are my staples:
Meat (choose 2)
Cheese (choose 3)
- Camembert or Brie
- Mature Cheddar
- Wensleydale with Cranberries or White Stilton with Apricots
- Blue Stilton or Gorgonzola
- Emmental or Gouda
- Oatcakes (suitable for GF)
- Charcoal or Beetroot crackers for colour and flavour
- Cheddar Biscotti
Dried Fruit & Nuts
Chutneys & Jams (2 or 3 will be enough)
- Cranberry sauce to make it festive
- Red Onion Chutney is very versatile
- Gooseberry or Damson jam are in season
- Quince jelly screams Christmas
- Apple & Walnut pairs with most
- Fresh Apple
Simply bunch your ingredients together around the edge of the platter and move around in a circle. Pop the rosemary sprigs on the inside and leave a circle in the middle to create a wreath-like decoration.
Sit back, watch your guests swoon over your creativity and then dig in!
Lauren Loudon x